Your privacy management with Code Brewery
“Customer” means a person, firm or corporation, jointly and severally if there is more than one, acquiring goods or services from Code Brewery;
“Website Visitors ” means any person who visits and explores our website;
“Code Brewery” means ESG Media Pty Ltd ABN 55 160 870 057
2. How we collect and use your personal information
At Code Brewery, we gather some basic personal information from our website visitors and customers. The following information is collected and securely stored when filling in one of the contact forms on our website:
- Your name
- Your company name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Supporting notes or information your provide
We use this data to provide you with our services. Rest assured, we never sell your personal information to anyone. We may store the information within our own marketing and customer databases.
Occasionally, we might receive information about you from third parties, which could include additional details about your employer or industry. We may also collect your personal data from publicly listed third-party websites like LinkedIn.
3. How we use the data we collect
Code Brewery uses the data it collects for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our services
- To provide you with customer support
- To notify you about any changes to our services or related business offerings
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so, such as webinars and other events
- To analyse potentially valuable information so that we can improve our website and service offerings
- To monitor the usage of our website and other services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers, updates and other general information about our services and events that you may have enquired about or previous engaged us for, unless you have opted not to receive such information from us.
4. Using the Code Brewery website
Like many other websites, Code Brewery’s site automatically collects certain information and stores it in log files. This information may include:
- Your IP address
- Your approximate location
- Browser type
- Operating system
- Usage data related to your visit, such as the pages you view
We use this information to improve our website and tailor it to your needs. Your IP address helps us diagnose any server issues and manage the site effectively. We also analyse trends and gather general demographic data to better understand your preferences. This helps us provide more relevant products and services, communicate value to our prospective and existing customer base, and ensure we have the right staff to meet your needs.
5. Sharing information with third parties
Your personal information is stored in databases hosted by third parties in Australia. These third parties only use your data for secure storage and retrieval. Occasionally, we may engage third parties to send you information about our products, services, and events.
We won’t share your personal data with anyone else unless:
- You request or authorise it.
- It’s related to Code Brewery-hosted or co-sponsored conferences.
- We’re legally compelled to share it (e.g., in response to a search warrant or court order) or to protect our rights, property, or safety.
- We need to share it with our agents, vendors, or service providers who assist us.
- There’s an emergency or unforeseen event.
- We need to address disputes, claims, or act on your behalf under legal authority.
- We gather aggregated, non-personally identifiable data about our services and website visitors and share it with our partners, service providers, advertisers, or other third parties for marketing or promotional purposes.
If you choose to share information from our website via third-party services like Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter, please review their privacy policies. These connections may link your visit to our site with your personal data if you’re a member of those services.
6. Data storage and retention
We store your personal data on cloud-based servers in Australia. We keep service data for the duration of your business relationship with us and for some time after that, primarily for analysis and historical recording purposes. Prospect data is retained until it no longer serves a business purpose and is then removed from our systems. If you want your data deleted, simply make a verified request, and we’ll take care of it.
At Code Brewery, your privacy is important to us. We’re committed to keeping your information safe and using it responsibly. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
7. The privacy of your data when working with Code Brewery
At Code Brewery, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of our customer’s data, and all third-party data, that we are granted access to. Our data privacy practices when supporting you with projects are outlined as follows:
- Non-Sale of Information: We do not sell any third-party information to external parties.
- Employee Privacy and Security Assurances: Our permanent employees are bound by strict privacy and security agreements to ensure the confidentiality and protection of third-party data.
- Contractor Privacy and Security Assurances: Contractors working with us are also contractually obliged to adhere to the same privacy and security agreements as our permanent employees.
- Staging Servers: Our staging servers are hosted in Australia and maintained with stringent security measures, including limited access and constant monitoring of activities.
- Development Server Security: Development servers are not accessible from outside sources and require approval from the Code Brewery technical leader for access.
- Data Encryption: We ensure that backups of staging and production servers, shell connections, and data connections are all encrypted to maintain data integrity and security.
- Version Control: Our version control systems are hosted in Australia, and all access is logged to track any modifications or access attempts.
- Version Control Backups: Backups of our version control systems are encrypted to prevent unauthorised access.
- Data Retention: We adhere to a strict data retention policy, ensuring that third-party data is only retained as long as necessary and is securely destroyed when it is no longer needed.
- Hardware Disposal: Any hardware containing copies of third-party data is securely destroyed to prevent data breaches.
- Third-Party Software: We limit the usage of third-party software to minimise potential security risks.
Last Updated – 27 September 2023